Chicken Lababdar is a simple and easy chicken curry/gravy recipe prepared with chicken and cooked in a onion, tomato,cashewnut,curd based gravy with aroma of basic spices and flavour of butter. It tastes somewhat similar to butter chicken masala and you can find this dish in most of the North Indian and Mughlai restaurants menu card. I adopted this recipe from my foodie friend Jasvinder singh. Try this mildly spiced Chicken Lababdar curry recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Chicken 500 gms
Onion 1 no
Tomato 1 no
Green Chillies 2 no
Ginger Garlic paste 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder 2 tsp
Dried Fenugreek leaves 1 tbsp
Curd 100 ml
Cream 60 ml
Cashewnut 2 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Butter 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
1.Clean and Joint Chicken. Add salt and 10 ml of curd. Mix well and keep aside.
2. Grind onion and green chillies to a fine paste. Chop tomatoes. Grind cashewnut to a fine powder.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai. Add ground onion and chilli paste and fry in a slow fire till the raw smell subsides.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes in slow fire.
5. Add chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, tomato, dried fenugreek leaves, salt and cook in a slow fire till oil separates out.
6. Add chicken pieces to the gravy and fry in a slow and medium fire for 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Add required amount of water and cook in a slow fire for 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Add cream, curd, cashew powder, stir well and continue cooking in a slow fire till you get a creamy flavour.
9. Serve hot with Naan, Paratha, rice,etc.