Peri peri chicken is a grilled/barbeque chicken recipe and a spicy starter from Portuguese cuisine. Chicken legs or breast is marinated in a spicy peri peri sauce atleast for 12 hours and grilled in a charcoal grill or any type of grill. Nando's a restaurant serving Portuguese cuisine serves this peri peri chicken and this restaurant is popular for their peri peri dishes. Try this peri peri chicken recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Chicken legs 2 nos
Jalapeno 2 nos
Cayenne pepper 2 nos
Red bell pepper 1 no
Garlic 5 to 6 pods
Red chilli powder 2 tsp
Oregano 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Olive Oil 50 ml
1. Wash chicken and cut each chicken into two pieces.Make insertions in the chicken.
2. Grind all the ingredients except chicken to a smooth paste(Peri peri sauce).
3. Apply peri peri sauce over the chicken and in the insertions. Keep the chicken in the refridgerator and marinate the chicken for atleast 12 hours and to a max of 48 hours.
4. Grill the marinated chicken in a charcoal grill or any type of grill till the chicken is cooked well.
5. Serve hot with sliced onions, cut fresh vegetables and lemon wedges.