Indian Makhani gravy is a basic gravy prepared in restaurants for making any butter based gravies and curries. This gravy can be stored in a refrigerator for a week and can be used in preparing curries and gravies like butter chicken masala, paneer butter masala, chicken lababdar, etc.This helps for making curries easily in few minutes especially for roti, nan or any Indian bread. Try this basic Indian Makhani gravy at home, prepare various Butter based curries and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Chopped Onion 550 gm
Chopped Tomato 550 gm
Cashewnut 50 gm
Chilli powder 6 gm
Garam Masala Powder 5 gm
Cumin Powder 5 gm
Kasthuri methi 3 gm
Ginger garpic paste 20 gm
Sugar 30 gm
Kowa 30 gm
Butter 70 gm
Oil 50 ml
1. Boil tomato, cashewnut, kasthuri methi and grind to a fine paste.
2. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai and fry the chopped onions in a slow fire till it becomes brown.
3. Add chilli, cumin and garam masala powder and continue frying for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for another 3 minutes.
5. Add the ground paste, sugar, kowa and cook in a slow fire till the entire water content vaporises and oil comes out. Remove from heat once it becomes a thick paste and use it for preparing various makhani curries and gravies.