Lamb Bhuna is a Punjabi delicacy prepared with lamb cubes with bone fried and cooked in a spicy thick onion tomato based sauce. As we add the tomatoes at last, the flavour and taste of the tomatoes is dominant along with the spices. Bhuna gosht is available in restaurants serving punjabi cuisine and pakistani cuisine. This curry is popular among curry lovers and also a fast moving dish in British Indian restaurants. Try this Lamb bhuna curry recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Lamb with bones 500 gm
Onions finely sliced 1 no big size
Tomato finely chopped 3 nos
Dry Red Chilli 2 nos
Chilli Powder 1tsp
Turmeric powder 1tsp
Garam Masala Powder 1tsp
Dry Methi Leaves 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Garlic paste 1tbsp
Ginger Paste 1tbsp
Ginger sliced 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves 2 sprig
Oil 60 ml
Salt to taste
1. Wash lamb and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a thick bottom vessel and fry chopped onions in a medium fire till it becomes golden brown.
3. Add lamb, ginger paste, garlic paste and continue fry till the colour of the meat turns golden brown in colour.
4. Add dry red chilli, chilli powder, turmeric powder, methi leaves, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt and continue frying for 2 to 3 minutes.
5.Add enough water and cover cook in a medium fire till it becomes almost dry.
6. Add chopped tomatoes and continue frying in a slow fire by stirring occassionally.
7. Continue stirring till the sauce thicken and meat becomes tender.8. Remove from heat, garnish with coriander leaves and sliced ginger. Serve hot with naan, pulao, roti,etc.