Tomato Chicken is spicy semi gravy recipe with a tangy taste prepared with boneless chicken breast cooked in a tomato based sauce with basic Indian spices. Tomato chicken is a good combination with roti, chapathi, phulka, white rice and can be used as a stuffing for dosa(Indian Pancake). For better taste use fully ripen tomatoes. Try this Tomato Chicken Recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Chicken 500 gms
Onion 150 gms
Tomato 250 gms
Red chilli powder 1 1/2 tsp
Powdered cinnamon 1/4 tsp
Powdered Cloves 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Lemon juice of 1 no
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tbsp
1. Wash and cut chicken into medium pieces.Mix chilli powder, powdered cinnamon, powdered cloves, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste and keep aside.
2. Chop 50 gms onion and tomatoes finely. Slice the remaining 100 gms onion and keep aside.
3. Boil chopped onions and tomatoes with 250 ml of water. Pass through a sieve when it is cooked well.
4. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai. Add sliced onions and fry in a medium fire. Remove and keep aside.
5.Add the mixed spices and fry in a slow fire for couple of minutes.
6. Add chicken, fried onions, salt and cook covered on a slow fire.
7. Add the tomato onion sauce prepared once the chicken is half cooked.
8. Cook in a slow fire till the chicken becomes tender.
9. Serve hot with white rice, roti, phulka and chapathi.