Chicken 500 gms
Onion chopped 2 nos medium size
Tomato chopped 3 nos medium size
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Red chilli powder 2 tsp
Capsicum 1 no cut into small pieces
Green chillies slit vertically 3 nos
Garam Masala Powder 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Curry leaves 1 sprig
Salt to taste
Oil 25 ml
1. Clean and joint chicken. Add 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, salt and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a thick bottom pan. Add chopped onion, slit green chillies and fry in a slow fire till the onion is translucent.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and continue frying for 3 to minutes.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, curry leaves and continue frying for another 2 minutes.
5. Add garam masal powder, coriander powder, salt and continue frying till raw smell of coriander powder reduces.
6. Add chicken and fry for few minutes. Add required amount of water and cook till chicken is 80 percent cooked.
7. Heat 5 ml oil in a small kadai, fry capsicum pieces.for 2 or 3 minutes in a slow fire and remove from heat.
8. Add capsicum piceces to the curry and continue cooking till the chicken is tender.
9. Serve hot with white rice, roti, chapathi,etc.