Mutton shoulder 350 gms
Shallots 50 gms
Tomatoes chopped 2 no medium size
Onions sliced 1 no medium sized
Green chillies slit 3 no
Cinnamon strips 2 inch size
Cloves 4 no
Fennel 1/2 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder 2 tsp
Pepper powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 2 to 3 tsp
Coconut paste of 1/4 no
Salt to taste
Curry leaves a few
Oil 50 ml
1. Cut mutton into medium pieces and Wash with water.
2. Grind shallots to smooth paste.
3. Heat 30 ml oil in a thick bottom kadai. Add cinnamon strips, fennel, cloves, ground shallots, ginger garlic paste, green chillies and fry in slow fire till the raw smell of shallots goes off.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and continue frying till the tomatoes gets smashed.
5. Add Chilli powder, pepper powder, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and continue frying in a slow fire for 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Add coriander powder and fry for 2 minutes. Add mutton and continue frying in slow fire till the oil separates. Remove from heat and keep aside.
7. Heat remaining oil in a pressure cooker. Add sliced onions and curry leaves and fry in a slow fire till the onion becomes translucent.
8. Add salt and coconut paste and fry in a slow fire till you get some aroma of coconut oil.
9. Add the fried the mutton masala and add required amount of water. Pressure cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
10. Serve hot with white rice, Biryani and chapati.