Mullu murungai keerai/Prickly amaranth 15 to 20 leaves
Raw rice flour 200 gm
Pepper powder 3 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Separate the leaves from stem and wash it.
2. Grind the leaves to a smooth paste in a mixer grinder/blender by adding required amount of water.
3. Mix rice flour, pepper powder and salt.
4. Add the ground amaranth leaves paste to the flour mix and make it a dough by adding required amount of water. The dough should be in chapati dough consistency.
5. Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai. Make 3 inches diameter patties with the dough and deep fry till it is cooked.
6. Sprinkle some spicy idli powder over and Serve hot.